Draftsman job summary
Located right here in Lubbock and celebrating over 30 years in business, our agricultural machinery, and parts supplier client is looking for a reliable and precise Draftsman to add to their team. In this position, you will prepare detailed working diagrams of their products and machinery. The ideal candidate will have to be proficient in Solidworks and have 1+ years of experience working in mechanical drafting, manufacturing, or other related fields. If this sounds like you, get in touch with us today!
- Prepare diagrams and drafts for mechanical devices, parts, and machines
- Calculate dimensions, tolerances, and structural requirements (i.e. bearing and catwalk loads), using computational techniques
- Review and modify designs to reduce production deficiencies
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- Coordinate with other colleagues regarding complex diagrams
- Update old and create new drawings and other related machinery mockups
Draftsman qualifications and skills
- Associate degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting, or related field, plus 2+ years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience in mechanical drafting, manufacturing, or other related fields, preferred
- Must have knowledge of bearing fits, hole tolerances, fastener tolerances
- Must have knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques including welding, machining, and sheet metal forming.
- Applicants must be able to calculate different bend radii for a given set of tools and materials and calculate bend deduction and bend radii compensation.
- Familiarity with machine designs and diagrams
- Proficient in Solidworks and AutoCAD
- MasterCAM knowledge, a plus
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills (i.e. Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel)
- Deadline and detail-oriented
The selected candidate will enjoy a competitive salary based upon the skills and expertise they bring to the table as well as a generous paid time off allotment for sick leave and vacation time and full medical benefits including dental and vision.
Interested and qualified candidates for the Draftsman position should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.
For additional information, please contact Nicole Sharp at (806) 797-3281.
Locally owned and operated here in Lubbock since 1967, our Snelling team has been matching exceptional people with exceptional job opportunities for over 50 years. Our local Staffing Team has over 200 years of combined staffing experience here in Lubbock alone. Whether you are searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal 2020 | 2019 | 2018 Best of Lubbock® – Best Employment Agency
Best Professional Search Firms® – Forbes 2021
Best Temporary Staffing Firms® – Forbes 2021
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2020)
Lubbock, Texas 79410